Mission Statement and Beliefs
We, at Virginia Middle School, with the help of parents and community, strive to educate our students in a safe and nurturing environment, where academics, physical fitness, cultural awareness, social skills, self-motivation, and self-discipline come together to promote individual achievement and productive, responsible citizenship.
The staff of Virginia Middle School believes...
- Middle school students learn in different ways.
- The middle school must be student-centered.
- Teachers strive to educate the whole child by meeting the academic, physical, emotional, social, and artistic needs of the students.
- Appropriate activities enhance learning at all levels of development.
- Our school must provide a safe environment conducive to learning.
- The middle school provides the essential transition from elementary to high school.
- Community, parents, teachers, administrators, and students share the responsibility for educational success.