Located at 501 Piedmont Avenue in Bristol, Virginia, the original structure is eighty-four years old and consists of three stories. The building served as Virginia High School from 1914 to 1953. In 1953, a new high school was built and this site became Virginia Junior High School serving seventh and eighth grade students. After a concept study by the School Board, the name was changed to Virginia Middle School in 1990. The school underwent an extensive renovation in 1995 and was completed for total occupancy in 1996. The school presently serves grades six through eight. Our school has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior and has been registered as a Virginia Historic Landmark.