As you are probably aware, some communities across the Nation are experiencing a new surge of COVID-19 cases. One school division in our region has had to move to a virtual learning environment. We have only seen a slight increase in positive cases in our division.
In order to ensure that we keep everyone safe, healthy, and in-person over the final weeks of school, I wanted to send a few reminders out about how we can prevent/reduce the spread of COVID-19. Thanks, as always for your cooperation and hard work!
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces when possible (the more people you are in contact with, the more likely you will be, to be exposed to and infectious disease)
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home when you are sick and monitor your health
- Continue to follow the protocols for quarantining if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or if you have tested positive for COVID -19
- Clean frequently touched surfaces daily
I hope you all have a great day and Go Bearcats!
Keith Perrigan, Ed.D.
Bristol Virginia Public Schools
280 Lee St.
Bristol, VA 24201