THINGS TO COMPLETE BEFORE THE LAST SENIOR EXAM DAY
- Laptop, Chargers and Hot Spots turned into the Library; Calculators turned into your Math teachers
- All textbooks returned
- All library books returned – complete any and all obligations (fines, missing books, etc…)
- Pay all debts – parking pass fees, club, etc…
- If debts are not paid, you will not participate in the graduation ceremony and we will not release transcripts.
- Make up tests, other required work, and any obligation to any teacher
- Study and work hard!
- You will not be allowed to walk in graduation if you have not passed all required courses to graduate.
SENIOR LUNCHEON (May 23, 2022)
- No cost for you to attend but you will need to see Mrs. O’Brien in the main office to get your ticket. Parents/Guests who want to eat must pay $20 for a ticket. There will be a seating area in the back for those parents/guests that just want to watch the awards presentation. Wednesday May 18th is the last day to get tickets!
- Dress business casual, look professional
- Report to Higher Ed Center in Abingdon by 11:50 a.m.
- Best behavior of course.
- Mr. Collins will be driving an Activity bus to the Higher Ed Center for those students needing transportation. You will need to be at the front of the school by 11:25 am if you are riding the bus.
- A or B in the course
- No OSS, ISS during the semester.
- No financial obligations to the school.
- Seniors will only need to attend during the Exam Periods.
- Wednesday, May 25th – 1st Block
- Thursday, May 26th – 2nd and 3rd Block
- Friday, May 27th – 4th block, 4A and 4B
GRADUATION PRACTICE – June 2nd at 9:30 am
- Graduation practice is mandatory. If you do not attend practice – there will be no need to show up for the graduation ceremony.
- All seniors will meet in the auditorium.
GRADUATION – June 3rd
- Seniors are to be in the auditorium by 6:00 p.m. on Friday, June 3rd.
- The graduation ceremony will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Gymnasium.
- Tickets are not required for guests.
- This ceremony is a privilege, so we will treat it as such. Your actions directly reflect you, your family, your classmates, and Virginia High School’s reputation
- You are to be on your best behavior. If we sense the use of anything illegal (drugs, alcohol, things to throw, etc.) You will immediately be removed from the ceremony.
- If you are pulled from Commencement, you will receive your diploma sometime in the summer.
- Any senior arriving late for practice or commencement will be placed at the end of the line.
- Professional Lifetouch photographers will be at our Graduation ceremony. Diploma Presentation and Candid images will be available for viewing and purchase at lifetouch.com. You may call the local Lifetouch office at 423-764-3778 for more information.
DRESS FOR GRADUATION
- Cap and gown– make sure to hang it up prior to graduation to get the wrinkles out
- Dress length no longer than graduation gown
- Modest Jewelry (No flashy colors or excessive amounts)
- Do not wear the white collars with the gown.
- Dark dress pants (no jeans, nor shorts) NO EXCEPTIONS
- White or light-colored shirt
- Dark Colored Tie
- Caps must be straight on the top of your head – you may decorate your cap but the design must be approved by Mr. Collins
- Peak of the board must be in the middle of the forehead
- Tassel on the right side until graduation is complete
- Hairstyles must be simple to allow for mortarboard to rest securely on your head
- No gum