Va. Foundation for Healthy Youth Tobacco Prevention GrantClassroom Instructor
Job Summary:This person will assist in the implementation of the project. Summary of essential job functions The key responsibilities of this job include:
- Employment will be August through May of each school year with no more than 600 hours total.
- Coordinating the schedule with school staff and reporting to Grant Coordinator.
- Complete Too Good for Drugs training.
- Prepare for each lesson by reviewing, making copies if needed and any other necessary work for successful implementation of program.
- Implement Too Good for Drugs program to 6th through 8th grade students at Virginia Middle School, each group will receive at least 1 lesson per week until completed.
- Assist Grant Coordinator with implementing Component II activities including working with the students at Virginia Middle School.
- Participate in community events with Coordinator.
- Assist in other duties as detailed in grant workplan.
- Submit weekly activity logs including hours worked for the grant.
- Meet at least monthly with Grant Coordinator to discuss implementation progress or problems.
Minimum requirementsFour year degree and/or related experience in education or youth related field. Abilities required
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on team collaboration.
- Must have excellent teaching skills as well as lesson planning.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with co workers, clients, agencies and the general public.
- Ability to perform duties commensurate with position
- Ability to organize and oversee projects as well as good scheduling and time management.
- Ability to work alone without close supervision.
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. $21 an hour 2nd semester Mondays 4 classes Tuesdays 4 classes Wednesdays 4 Classes Thursdays 2 Classes Total Direct: 14 Hours Indirect 14 28 Hours
Please go to our website at https://www.applitrack.com/bristolvaschools/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Tutors to apply for this position.
Angel Hudson, PHR
Program Director of Human Resources and Community Support
Bristol Virginia Public Schools
280 Lee Street