As you are likely aware, cases of the COVID-19 (the Novel Coronavirus) have been reported in 30 different countries. However, there are currently no active cases in Virginia. Bristol Virginia Public Schools, along with the Mt. Rogers Health District, is monitoring the situation closely and the safety of our students is our top concern. Below you will find a hyperlink to the Virginia Department of Health website monitoring the status of the Novel Coronavirus.
Progress is being made toward a vaccine to prevent COVID-19. As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of flu and other respiratory diseases like COVID-19 including:
- Frequent hand washing.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Keith Perrigan, Ed.D.
Bristol Virginia Public Schools
220 Lee St.
Bristol, VA 24201
“Preparing Students to Thrive in a Dynamically World “
More information about the Coronavirus in the pdf below: