Senior Class Meeting
Class of 2018
THINGS TO COMPLETE BEFORE THE FIRST SENIOR EXAM DAY
- Laptop and charger turned into the Library, Calculators turned into your Math teachers
- All textbooks returned
- All library books returned – complete any and all obligations (fines, missing books, etc…)
- Pay all debts – parking pass fees, homeroom, club, etc…
- If debts are not paid, I will pull you from Commencement and we will not send transcripts to anyone.
- Clean out lockers for teachers to check and leave locks on the lockers
- Make up time owed to teachers and administrators
- Make up tests, other required work, and any obligation to any teacher
- Study and work hard
- No referrals!!
SENIOR LUNCHEON (May 14, 2018)
- Dress business casual, look professional
- Report to the Higher Ed. Center by 11:50 a.m.
- We will run a bus leaving Virginia High School at 11:25 a.m. – It will leave on time!
- Best behavior of course.
SENIOR DAY (May 15, 2018)
- Movie/Yearbook signing in the Auditorium/Mortarboards decorations
- Picnic lunch/ early dismissal of seniors
- At the discretion of the administration
PTA AWARDS ASSEMBLY (May 16, 2018 9:30 A.M. VHS Auditorium)
You will be notified if you are receiving an award. I would ask that you wear dress clothes for this event. Please sit in the seats designated for award recipients. Those students involved in athletic events that evening will receive their awards at the end of the program or at school the following day.
- Second semester seniors with a 3.0 or higher grade average in a particular course.
- No more than five (5) absences with “no unexcused absences”, or OSS, ISS and during the semester.
- No financial obligations to the school.
- Seniors may leave after the Exams are finished for each day.
- Wednesday, May 16 – 1st Block
- Thursday, May 17 – 3rd Block, 4th Block or 4A Period
- Friday, May 18 – 2nd Block and 4B Period
COMMENCEMENT PRACTICE AND CEREMONY (May 24 and 25, 2018)
- Attendance at Commencement practice is mandatory. If you do not attend practice – there will be no need to show up for the Commencement ceremony.
- Practice – Thursday, May 24 – 9:30 a.m.
- This ceremony is a privilege, so we will treat it as such.
- Your actions directly reflect you, your family, your classmates, and Virginia High School’s reputation
- You are to be on your best behavior. If we sense the use of anything illegal (drugs, alcohol, things to throw, etc..) You will immediately be removed from the ceremony.
- If I pull you from Commencement, you will receive your diploma sometime in the summer.
- Commencement Evening: Seniors are to be in the auditorium by 7:00 p.m. on Friday, May 25.
- Any senior arriving late for practice or commencement will be placed at the end of the line.
DRESS FOR COMMENCEMENT
- Black Robe
- Dress length no longer than robe
- Dark Shoes (no boots, dress sandals only with heels) – No exceptions
- Modest Jewelry (No flashy colors or excessive amounts)
- No bright or large hair ornaments
- Do not wear white collars
- Black Robe
- Dark dress pants (no jeans, nor shorts) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Dress Shoes (no boots, no tennis shoes, no sandals) NO EXCEPTIONS
- Dark Socks
- White or light colored shirt
- Dark Colored Tie
- Hair – neat
FEMALES AND MALES
- Mortarboards must be straight on the top of your head.
- Peak of the board must be in the middle of the forehead
- Tassel on the right side until graduation is complete
- Hairstyles must be simple to allow for mortarboard to rest securely on your head
- Watch your posture, walk erect, do not slump
- No gum at all
COMMENCEMENT EVENING (May 25, 2018)
- 7:00 p.m. – Seniors must be in the auditorium to pick up their 3x5 cards
- 7:10 p.m. – you will have twenty minutes to put your caps and gowns on
- 7:30 p.m. – We will line you up and check for proper attire
- 7:45 p.m. – 1st in line - School Officials, Guests, and Keynote Speaker, Valedictorian followed by the Salutatorian and Seniors - leave the Auditorium for the Gym– do not leave your positions
- 8:00 p.m. – SHOWTIME!